Thursday 21 May 2009

Blog no.8: If a rainforest has a forest fire, does it put itself out?

IMAGINE THIS - (Told by Mirul and Ihsan)

I entered Sheraton hotel and walk towards the reception table. And to my surprise, I saw Ihsan standing behind the table (From my thought, he work as receptionist). “Hi Jeff” He said “How can I help you?”. Thinking that, this was some-kind of prank, I turn around and avoid him. Then, I saw Arif beside me. He wearing cleaner uniform and holding a broom on the right hand and a duster on the other. “This can’t be happening!?!” I shout in loud tone.

On the corner, I saw Mirul serving drink to the hotel guest. When he notice I was in the hotel, He wave to me with his right hand and shout “Makan di mana?” “Makan di mulut!!!!”.

“Ah kenapa ni!?!”. That voice, it sounds familiar. I turn my head to my left, and saw Rush wearing manager tux. He looks very serious (like he always do). “Antam kau karang boi” he continue.

In my thoughts, this whole thing felt like a nightmare. I ran out of that hotel as fast as I could. Once I reach outside, I trip and fell. I tried to pull myself up but then I witness the “two brothers”, standing on the street. From the the overall suit they wore, they must be working as Road driller. And beside them, I saw “Miss Fluffy” hold an umbrella, shade herself from the sun. “Huh?” I wondered “She must be waiting from them to finish or something”.

And then, a tourist bus stops a distant away from me. I quickly entered the bus. Shock to my very core, I saw a "Katak" seating in the driver seat that is in front of me. “Aku jua punya tu si kibam tambam ah” She says.
(That’s all folks)




Inside the mind of Jeff (location: At home)
It’s a new day, a new beginning. I am now back as the way I am before. It’s time to start over again. I like to thank my friends for supporting me and being there for me through bad times and emotional time. Because of you guys (and girls), I would not be the way I am now. I learned to let go of everything that I can’t change, accept it and move on. I may lose a friend but I gain new ones and treasure the old. Year after year, I experience new challenges. This year, it is sometime I can’t handle and I almost breakdown and lose control of myself. What’s even more difficult is recovering from it. We all have to learn to face these challenges or else, what is there to improve in you?

What lesson learned this year?
1) Never go to close with your best friend
2) Never be depend on one single person in college (or anyway else)
3) Never put your all your trust (or even care too much) on one person.

One day I will look back and laugh. And I will say “Never again! This will happen to me, Never again!”





“Our life course determines on how we handle challenging situations”
By Geoffrey Banggon

No comments:

Post a Comment